Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Today July 2, 2013



Today is the day, the day I change the way I do things, the day I open my eyes and heart to things around me, the day I live up to all I have set out to do, and the day I live to my fullest. I know I can do better, be better, and I will push myself to be a better person. I know I have the potential to be the person I have always dreamt about, the person that showed unconditional love, the person that cared about others rather than just me, the person that let God into my heart and let him guide me through all my ups and downs. I have dreamt of being the person that showed others how to be more, live more, love more, take pride in things that they have accomplished in their lives but also the things they haven't yet.
I try to be the best that I can be at what I do. Not just in my career but also in my life as a wife, sister, and a daughter.

I once learned (never knew personally) of a person who also had the same ambitions in their life. Of course this person showed that they were a person of God with that unconditional love, forgiveness, life worthy, supportive, a leader, and well I could keep going on as the list is endless. This person grew up in a poor situation and didn't have what a lot of us had growing up. But, this person rose to the top, forgave things that happened, reached out to help others who were down, just showed that unconditional love to everyone around, and sure wasn't a selfish person at all. Unfortunately this person’s life was ripped from this Earth and cut short. What a shame and how very sad. This, this person I never knew but what I had learned of them touched my heart, woke me up, showed me that I haven’t reached my full potential as a person.
It just saddens me that there are people in this world that take certain things for granted. It saddens me that there are such Evil out there. It saddens me that people would rip one’s life from this Earth just because well they felt like it, didn't care, didn't have that unconditional love, didn't have that forgiveness in their heart(s), and well overall someone that didn't value another person’s life, their family, and their friends.

I know I am rambling on and I don't make much sense, but I just felt that it was important to me that I write down and share my thoughts with all of you. I hope you all can read this and well relate to it, feel touched by it, and woken up from it. Or you are reading this going yea yea yea blah blah blah another God freak etc. and for those that feel that way, I feel sorry for you and I wish you well and may God help guide you in your life to be a better person, to be the best that you can/want to be, open your hearts to things, and well you know yourself better than I do.

Sorry for my ranting and God Bless Everyone!
This song by Helen Stellar sums it up
"This Time Around."
YOU CAN BE ANYONE!



Erica Smith July 2, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment